Soft Contact Lenses
Soft contact lenses may be used to correct myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia. They are the most popular type of contact lens used in the United States. One of the greatest advantages of soft contact lenses over rigid gas permeable lenses is their comfort. Soft contact lenses are instantly comfortable for the wearer. This type of contact lens comes in a wide range of varieties including disposable, daily wear, and extended wear.
Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lenses
Rigid gas permeable contact lenses, also known as RGP contact lenses, provide patients with excellent vision. There are many advantages to rigid gas permeable contact lenses. These types of lenses are quite durable, provide superior vision, and can last for years. The vision achieved with rigid gas permeable is typically crisper and sharper than that of soft contact lenses. A downside of rigid gas permeable contact lenses is that they require an adjustment period. While soft contact lenses are comfortable from the start, rigid gas permeable lenses take some getting used to. Once the eyes have adjusted to the rigid gas permeable contact lenses, most patients find them to be comfortable. Rigid gas permeable contact lenses are often ideal for patients who still require corrective eye wear after undergoing refractive surgery, such as LASIK.
SynergEyes Hybrid Contact Lenses
SynergEyes offers patients all-day comfort while providing excellent visual acuity. SynergEyes extensive line of hybrid contact lenses provides patients with the best that rigid gas permeable contact lenses and soft contact lenses have to offer. The clear, crisp vision achieved with rigid gas permeable contact lenses and the comfort that soft contact lenses provide can be found in SynergEyes technologically advanced lenses. SynergEyes offers a comprehensive range of hybrid contact lenses to meet the vision needs of virtually any patient:
- Duette HD: The Duette line of SynergEyes hybrid contact lenses are designed for the everyday patient. The Duette HD lens is designed for the astigmatic patient that desires to achieve exceptional vision.
- Duette Multifocal: The Duette Multifocal lens is designed to help men and women over the age of 40 achieve superior vision from all distances.
- UltraHealth: The UltraHealth lens is designed for patients with irregular corneas, keratoconus, or ectasia. Among the benefits of the UltraHealth lens is its ability to maintain the patient’s eye health, provide a comfortable fit, and superior vision.
- ClearKone: The ClearKone lens is the specifically designed for keratoconus vision correction.
- First-generation hybrid contact lenses: SynergEyes A, SynergEyes KC, and SynergEyes PS are SynergEyes first-generation hybrid contact lenses. These lenses are designed for the patient that has an irregular cornea, but does not require a more advanced lens. The SynergEyes PS lens is designed for patients that have refractive errors after undergoing corneal surgery or as a result of trauma to the eye.
Learn More about Contact Lenses
If you would like to learn more about contact lenses, please call or email North County Laser Eye Associates today.